This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned senior program manager with a strong science-technical background and enthusiasm for the biotech startup environment. Reporting directly to the President/CSO, the (Sr.) Dir/VP of Alliance and Program Management and Operations will design, implement and support strategic collaborations with major pharma partners, academic collaborators, foundations and manage a broad suite of business operations. You will ensure Amathus and its partners align on goals, communication channels, committee structures, and business processes to ensure that contractual obligations are met in a timely manner. You will work to maximize the effectiveness of collaborations through organization, documentation, and action follow-up. You will be the go-to person both internally to our team and externally for our partner(s) on all alliance and business-related matters.
This is a high impact, external-facing role with exposure to senior executives and multidisciplinary scientific working teams. The role is best suited to an individual who is extremely independent, results-driven, organized, detail-oriented and knowledgeable of preclinical research and the drug discovery process. You will be empowered to craft strategies, make decisions, integrate perspectives, and be flexible.
In addition, this role will have a high impact to streamline business operations and be a resource to the entire team. Establish, manage, and oversee the day-day operations of the company. Develop a productive office environment and manage the smooth operations of the company across a broad array of activities including finance, HR, and legal.
Success in the role requires equal parts scientific inquiry, pragmatic thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Support the President/CSO and senior leadership in managing budgets, deliverables, resource allocation and strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of the specific contractual elements and deliverables of each alliance including major pharma partners, foundations and academic collaborations.
- Take responsibility for all interactions, communications, and governance of partnerships and collaborations.
- Monitor the progress, health and effectiveness of each alliance in a timely manner.
- Identify areas of strength and improvement in close collaboration with partner’s alliance manager(s),
- Proactively identify and mitigate issues, potential conflict, and risk for each alliance,
- Monitor and internally report on key partnerships deliverables and timelines.
- Create and manage project plans and timelines.
- Frame agenda for team meetings to help drive effective decision making and program advancement.
- Assist in risk/opportunity identification, issue resolution and escalation, as well as contingency and scenario planning.
- Assist in managing select projects with CROs as part of the Amathus research team, including study design, logistics, timeline management, and data analysis.
- Assist in the development of presentation material, ad hoc.
- Work collaboratively across internal scientific teams to align on goals, timelines, resources and alliance objectives.
- Coordinate and Plan Executive Meetings – Board of Director, Scientific Advisory Board, Media Relation and Private Investigator Meetings: schedule, presentation assistance and execution.
- Manage contracts and partner CROs (CDAs, NDAs, MSAs, SOWS, etc) through legal review and contract negotiation.
- Manage R & D activities – sample management, experimental logistics, etc…
- Manage HR operations – onboarding, benefits, office relocation.
Point of Contact for IT Solutions.
- Cultural steward: coordinate and manage office events, socials, teambuilding events.
Assist with PI meetings, marketing activities, scientific events, and conferences.
- Manage relationships with foundations and academic collaborators.
- Work with senior leadership to identify opportunistic funding initiatives and outreach.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of demonstrated alliance/project management experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Science degree is required: BA/BS with minimum of 7-10 years of experience; graduate degree (MS, , PhD) in a drug discovery discipline is strongly preferred.
- Fluent with project management best-practices, specifically Microsoft Project.
- Experience operating within a strategic collaboration, preferably with a large pharmaceutical company.
- Experience in developing effective partner relationships and building strong working alliances with internal partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Go-To Attitude, team player, reliable, logical, collaborative and transparent.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org